Love is a strange thing. It is amazing, life-changing and completely terrifying all at the same time. And, once you have fallen for someone, it can be hard to recall what your life was like before you met them. Every bad day you had before you met them just disappears in your memory and is completely worth it so that you could meet them.
This is especially true if this is the first time you have every truly fallen in love. You may have liked someone before, but this time it’s different. You will be especially frightened because you have never felt this way before and it is scary to be this excited and vulnerable at the same time, yet you can’t resist the temptation.
Your feelings of like, to infatuation, to love to “I-just-can’t-live-without-you” is startling and thrilling. Even though everyone has different experiences and different definitions of love, almost everyone agrees that love is the greatest feeling in the world. (Except maybe for smelling freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.)
Here are a few ways to tell if you have truly found the right one:
- Seeing them is the high light of your day. When you are really in love, not only do you not get tired of seeing them, but you can’t ever get enough of them. Even their bad habits are fascinating.
- They are the first person you think of when you wake up and the last person you think of before you go to sleep. They are also the first person you want to tell if you get good news, and in the bad times, they are there to support you.
- You put their needs above yours, in fact, you problems seem to fade in priority to theirs. You want them to have a perfect, easy life.
- You would do anything for them. When you are truly in love, you would do anything for each other. You want to make them happy and will do whatever you have to do to make that possible.
- You’re not afraid to show your feelings. You want the world to know how happy you are to have found each other.
- You love everything about each other, even the imperfections you see as unique traits. The whole world sees your partner’s beautiful blue eyes, but you get to see the tiny little scar and their shoulder and know it’s part of the whole masterpiece.
- They are part of your long term plan. When you fall for someone, it’s hard to see a time in the future that there are not a part of your world. You begin to think how you can build a life together. When you are thinking this way, you don’t want to think about those short term temptations that may pop up in your line of vision.
- You want to be a better person. You are not perfect and your love does not expect you to be. When you are in love you want to be a better human being. You want to be the best version of you.
- You love unconditionally. What that means is you love your partner absolutely. It doesn’t matter if they always leave the car with less than a quarter tank of gas . These are a part of them and you love all of what makes them unique.
- The one your love becomes your best friend. When you two are together, you are truly partners. You can do anything together.